St. John’s Home
The Roma are an ethnic group in Bulgaria that has suffered persecution for generations. Due to racism, they face severe poverty and a lack of access to health care, education, employment, and other vital services.
We seek to create a safe and secure family environment for Roma girls who are vulnerable to trafficking by providing a safe home, with an ongoing commitment to educate the community and raise up local leaders to identify and prevent exploitation and abuse. We cannot address human trafficking without addressing the compounding issues that allow exploitation to thrive, such as poverty, racism, unemployment, and spiritual warfare.
We seek to create a safe and secure family environment for Roma girls who are unprotected to trafficking by providing a safe home, with an ongoing commitment to educate the community and raise up local leaders to identify and prevent exploitation and abuse. Educators are innovators.
- We emphasize the need to model a strong Christian family
- We are a loving group of people whose core values come from God
- We believe in seeing people the way God sees them and to put value, hope, and opportunities back into their lives
- We desire to build up nationals through discipleship, agriculture, and shifting cultural values that propagate the exploitation especially of girls
- We believe in providing comprehensive care to cultivate holistic freedom
WE PARTNER WITH THE SET FREE MOVEMENT
The Set Free Movement seeks holistic freedom to create new futures and end modern slavery through community-based action and partnership with others.